Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My New Fitness Journey For Life Blog

I have spent the last 7 months conquering a 32 year, pack a day, cigarette smoking habit and I can happily say that I have succeeded!  Yay for me!!   I am now cigarette and nicotine patch free forever!  

So now I am going to get my health and my body back!  I have gained 30 pounds since I quit smoking!!  Yikes!! I know that is bad..... but I don't want to discourage any smokers out there from quitting because they are afraid they will gain weight.  There is no need to gain weight!!  I was just lazy and lacked willpower to quit snacking on goodies!  If you work out and watch what you eat while you are quitting smoking you probably will not gain any weight at all.  

Well......back to my goal now.......getting my health and weight under control.  I am starting out at........oh this is hard!! 175 lbs!  Wow, looks worse in writing!  (Also, looks worse in the picture)  Below is my before picture from last weekend!  Memorial Day BBQ 2011.  I want to get back to a healthy 140 lbs.  130 would be even better but I don't want to push my luck.  

I am competitive and also need some encouragement and goals or I will lose my focus and quit.  I know how I am!  When you get as old as me you just know how it will end up!  So, I decided to start this blog and see if I can find any online friends to go on this journey with me. :)

I would like to start with slowly exercising and eating better.  I am going to make this a daily journal/log type of thing.  So I will post daily about my workout, eating/diet, whatever during the day.  I would love to have some friends join along.  You can post your goals, tips whatever you like in the comments section.  

Welcome! I hope you would like to follow along on this journey for better health with me!!


5 comments:

  1. good luck on this journey and CONGRATS on overcoming that obstacle!! Amazing accomplishment with more to come...

    Glad you found my blog and now I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anadrolone is the greatest supplement that provides you huge muscles masses, just it is recommended for using the product every day with proper instruction. Every user should take this supplement daily and use it for 2 months for effective result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best supplements for muscle gain –Once you will start taking best supplements for muscle gain, can get the visible as well as best result in 2 to 3 weeks. These supplements for bodybuilding are excellent and provide you strong biceps with enhance muscle masses and increase stamina inside your body as well. The best supplements for muscle gain gives you tremendous result of gaining muscles instantly within just few weeks only. With ample of features in bodybuilding supplements these are coming in reasonable prices by online. Along with buying supplements for muscle gain provide you at very low prices with exclusive discounts. Choose varieties of best supplements for muscle gain as per as your requirements only.

    Posted by: Crazy Mass

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottom line is it's potential to Garnorax Tabletten enhance your sex life through the simplest natural male enhancement products. Be positive to follow the directions of your chosen product or program Garnorax Erfahrungen if you ought to enroll in enhancement exercise campaigns. Order just enough amount therefore you do not waste your cash or pass up the best offers. See more: http://www.wellnessfeiten.de/garnorax-erfahrungen/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather than focus strictly on Rapid Tone Shark Tank Reviews By following the Prime you may now not want a seat belt extender you'll be in a position to zip up jackets, wear your jeans you haven't worn in years, Rapid Tone Shark Tank you will have more energy that can be special and unique to you. Losing weight will be a beautiful adventure and journey with many wins along the method. See more: >>>> http://www.rapidtone-sharktank.com/

    ReplyDelete